3 Pillars Of Online Marketing Campaigns You Shouldn’t Miss Doing
by Fervil Von
Have you started building your own website and have been promoting it in the web? When it comes to getting good traffic, your website should not always stand on one leg.
The aim of this blog entry is to provide insights about online marketing campaigns and help us break down the streams of traffic into 3 parts, which are:
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Always consider that search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing are the best source of quality and steady traffic. The principle of doing SEO is to make your site appear in the organic searches. If you would think of long term growth for your website, SEO should become a topmost priority in your online marketing campaigns.
With SEO, you can actually:
- Generate high volume of traffic coming from the organic searches through ranking your keywords.
- Increase the authority of your pages as well as your whole website.
- Become highly influential in the web.
What you need to understand about SEO
- Google does not rank websites, they rank pages.
- Keyword research, your content, on-page optimization, and strategic link building play more important roles in ranking your site’s page.
- SEO is considered as the “umbrella” of doing market research, website analysis, keyword research, on-page SEO, website architecture, competitor analysis, link building, and it even covers some parts of content marketing. Therefore, in doing SEO, all of the terms mentioned should be executed on an ongoing process.
As I’ve said, Google rank web pages and not websites. If you are planning to rank some particular pages of your site in Google here’s a good on-page optimization tip.
How to do on-page SEO without over optimizing:
- The keyword should appear in your meta-title.
- Keyword’s synonym can be seen in your meta-description. A good example to this would be: if you’re aiming to rank for keyword “dogs for sale” you can write “selling white golden retriever puppies”.
- Avoid placing keywords in meta-keywords area. This won’t help boost your rank. This will only provide your competitors of ideas on which keywords you are currently targeting.
- Be sure to place the keyword in H1 tag.
- Your keyword should be placed as alt text in your images.
- A related YouTube video can help not only in ranking your keyword but also by making your visitor stay longer on the page.
- You can also throw in some relevant links from authoritative sites (like a Wikipedia page pertaining to your content).
- Use keyword prominence to your advantage. The keyword must be seen somewhere on the top portion or first few paragraphs of the page.
- Take care of your keyword density. The keywords could be repeated a few times but the keyword repetition would depend on how long the written content on the page is.
One of the best link building practice that can withstand any Google algorithm update in the future is to build high quality content that has the ability to attract natural links. We can practically call it link earning instead of link building.
But since you can’t heavily rely on content alone, you would still need to build backlinks for your page to rank it in Google. Backlinks can be classified into two types: branded and non-branded links. A branded link is a link where the name/brand of your site is used in the anchor text.
Ex. www.abc.com, abc.com, http://www.abc.com, abc.com website
On the other hand, non-branded links are links where the keyword you wish to rank in Google is used in the anchor text.
It’s important for you to know that getting more branded links over the non-branded links may help Google analyze that you’re not purposely doing backlinks for the sake of ranking keywords.
You will also want to aim getting quality links over the quantity but its best when you can produce a substantial number of high quality links. There are several link building strategies that could help you acquire quality links.
It’s easier for anyone to get more high quality links if the site itself is established as “the authority”. You can make your website stand out in your industry by thinking outside of the box.
Make a name in your industry by producing high quality and amazing pages and posts. Well, these are not just ordinary pieces of 400-500 words content but these are well-written, comprehensive and meaningful posts.
The most actionable tip is to create high quality site content by putting together all the good facts or data in your niche.
If you happen to have a site about raising backyard chickens, you can compose a post about 101 amazing facts about chickens or step-by-step guide on how to grow your backyard chicken business.
This may take long hours (or days) to build but it’s pretty sure that your efforts will be rewarded. Besides, promoting it would become much easier.
An old useful method in content marketing that’s also applied by experts is content repurposing. You can actually make a pdf, a video, an infographic or a slide out of your newly built link-worthy post. 🙂
Perform Email Outreach
Email outreach can assist us in a lot of ways we can’t imagine. Are you looking for publicity that would highlight our brand/product in the press? Do you need backlinks coming from relevant authority sites? Would you like to guest blog? Do you need to get reviews about your products? How about approaching an influencer? If you want to achieve any of these, you need to build a healthy relationship with people in the web through email outreach.
How to do it:
- Research about your targets and grab their email and social media profiles by going into their website. Add them in social media and do some frequent retweets so they will notice you more.
- If you could, you can write a post that includes a link to their website. Mention that to them in social media so they will be aware of it. You’ll never know, they might even promote your post to their followers.
- It would be really helpful if you would subscribe to their email list. This will give you a good picture about their personality so you can think of ways on how to approach them.
- Slowly establish a relationship before lobbying your request.
Take note: Although doing SEO is paramount, relying on one traffic source may put you in a more difficult position.
SMM (Social Media Marketing)
Social media marketing is the use of the social media sites to let the world know about our product and website. You may already have social media accounts for your site but how well do they perform in terms of delivering visitors?
To utilize the social media accounts properly, here are the 5 things you need to do:
- Consistency – become highly active and participative in social media. Join groups in Facebook and LinkedIn or schedule your tweets and posts.
- Create posts and tweets that answer questions – your audience seeks answers to their queries. Giving them what they need will surely help you grow your followers and fans.
- 80/20 Golden Rule – Don’t be too vain and overdo self-promotion. It can ward off your viewers.
- Converse – social media is a platform for highly active and engaging users. Interacting with your audience is one good way to maintain credibility. Increase your presence by replying, tweeting, sharing and commenting.
- Personal approach – you can actually generate interest and build loyalty from your followers by connecting with them in a more personal way. Keep in mind that you are dealing with people. You need to be sociable.
Social media marketing is never far from doing SEO. While both have different dimensions, if these two are meld homogeneously, they can incredibly work for any website in any industry.
The purpose of doing email marketing is to get a list of subscribers which will eventually become your potential customers. Always think of maintaining a fine email list by helping your subscribers while not spamming their inbox.
Build Email Lists
One of the best benefits you can get from building email lists is to have a free source of returning traffic to your site. You may not know it but it can also be a good source of potential sales. Your email subscribers could become your immediate customers or they might possibly refer your site to their peers when you send them those amazing deals about your product or service.
Here are some recommended plug-ins that can help boost the number of your email subscribers:
- SumoMe (free) – Pop over opt-in form. You can choose to set manual or smart timing.
- Hello Bar (free) – displays an opt-in bar on top portion of your site
- Many Contacts (free) – similar features with hello bar
- Magic Action Box (free) – a wordpress plug-in which can help you make an enticing opt-in box which can be displayed on your widgets area or below/after your post.
Doing email segmentation can potentially increase your revenue while lessening your opt-outs and unsubscribe rates but this would totally vary on your website and your audiences.
Another good side of segmenting emails is that it can easily help you perform split testing (A/B testing). Hubspot’s 27 Ways to Segment Your Email List is a very good reference in slicing your email subscribers.
Write Better Emails and Send Them on Time
The Science of Social Timing
January 14, 2018
December 19, 2017